Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tiger Woods

I like Tiger Woods and wanted him to win the PGA today even though it was out of his reach. I always want Tiger to win.

You can count this man as one who's upset with all the talk of Tiger no longer being what he used to be. Actually dislike golf these days, some no-name young guy just goes postal and shoots lights out.

I like rooting for the old fool that I know and love. I like Tiger, I like Phil.

Of the four major championships - US Open, Masters, British Open and the PGA - the top two aggregate golfers were Phil Mickelson at -18 and Tiger Woods at -11. No one else was close.

Figured out what's wrong with Tiger having been a decent golfer once I had a five handicap. It's just simple, Tiger's game stinks right now.

There you go, you heard it here first.

Today I was rooting for him to have a big day and post a score. He had four birdies on the front nine, but after he boggied the ninth hole, his third boggy on the front, this man had enough.

Discouraged I felt it was more fun to watch Richard Burton torture John Hurt in the move 1984 than continue watching the Tiger.

I mean Hurt met the girl, sank a few birdies, then boggied his way in on the movie. In the end he finished at seven over par and failed to qualify for the human race.

Believe it or not Tiger is still on shaky ground emotionally. Whenever you make a major pattern of living change it has a dramatic affect on your central nervous system.

Be it giving up gambling, drinking, drugs, smoking, or a divorce, a death of someone very close when you quit or lose something you depended on you're not going to be right for a while, the bigger the attachment good or bad the greater the time it takes for your system to get somewhat back to normal.

It usually takes a year believe it or not.

I would like to see Tiger hit more fairways, and my goodness he used to just destroy the par fives, now he just butchers them. On a difficult course like this I wonder why can't he use his three wood more off the tee like he used too.

And I question pros who try and manufacture so many shots that they end up swinging like a duffer.

Whatever, as ugly as it is I'm going to continue to watch the Tiger. He was on the leader board the final day in the Masters and British Opens this year, you aren't there unless you're a hell of a golfer.

Tiger isn't done, don't stick that fork in him yet, he's just recovering. I mean my goodness he's only 35 years old, you aren't washed up in golf at the age of 35.

No comments: